Saturday, June 16, 2012

She Lives!

She lives! After 3 months of tear downs, repairs, lots of parts and poring over the official honda manual, my little Hr214 started up on the second try. Pretty sweet-see the video below:




So whats next?


  • The Gxv120 surges when its cold. I'd imagine its a carb issue, but will have to check it out next weekend when I have some time.
  • The hr214 transmission should be checked over for fluid level (apparently the seals on each end of the axel can go bad...since I don't see any leaks I would guess that I'm either A-OK, or I'm so out of fluid and its about to fail =P
  • Check the valve adjustments-I have more power, at less RPM, than before the tear down, but want to make sure the adjustments are good after a couple of uses
  • Repair the handle where it meets the deck; maybe add the commercial handle braces that I've seen in the parts catalogue....

6 comments:

  1. Do you have any info on the "Commercial Handle Braces"? I would be interested to see how they work as I may be in need of a pair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chakachim! Wouldn't you know it-I just ordered a pair! I'll do a full write-up when they arrive. How are the handles on your hr214 doing right now? -Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wrote about this in the new post-I'd recommend the handle braces only after you make sure the stays (the brackets that attach the handles to the deck) are in good working order. -Jack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog! just one question.. i have my transmission apart and everything looks bran new inside but where do i fill it now that i have cleaned it all up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Firefighter-I think you measure out the oil and pour it into one half of the transmission housing, then place the other half on top of it. Let us know how it goes!

      Delete
  5. I had one hra214 mint condition didn't know anything about it stripped everything off of it to the block and carb and air cleaner and junked the rest deck tank tranny and it was in mint condition I jut wanted the motor I made a little header for my exhaust and a tunnel air for the carb ported it and bored out intake and got rid of the big bulky clutch blade that is the only thing I have left is the clutch blade al mint

    ReplyDelete